Saved by the Cat
It seems that every time we look, another fabulous cat has saved human lives. The latest astonishing act of bravery comes from Winnie, a 14-year-old cat from Indiana. As her family slept peacefully, a gas-powered water pump began emitting carbon monoxide fumes in the basement. As the noxious gas crept upward, Winnie responded by caterwauling and jumping on her owners’ bed until she awoke one of them, who quickly called for help. The owners were treated at a nearby hospital and released. This marks the second time in less than a year that Winnie has come to her family’s rescue: Last summer, she alerted them to tornadoes that tore through the area.